Josh Hoover is the Consulting Division Manager for Benefit Technology Resources. His broad experience spans more than a decade of Consulting, Human Resources, Business Development, Sales and Marketing. He offers a unique perspective in HR Technology Consulting as someone who has managed payroll, sold payroll, programmed databases, and developed an HRIS solution. As such, he has seen the process from every angle. Working with clients to find technology that can solve their problems and streamline their processes is where he excels. Developing long-term, strategic relationships with his broker partners is paramount to offering exceptional consulting service and solutions to their clients. Josh graduated from Texas A&M University and lives in Allen, TX with his wife and their two sons.
- Areas of expertise include:
- ACA Administrative Requirements – variable hours tracking, eligibility determination, reporting requirements, and technology solutions.
- HCM Solutions and how to best utilize functionality in order to maximize capabilities.
- Product expertise including: Payroll, Human Resource Information Systems, Benefits Administration, Talent Management, Performance Management, Compensation Management, Time Keeping and Onboarding software.
- Discovery Process – the ability to ask the right questions in order to truly understand a client’s needs.
- BTR has a unique approach with a strong HR background to employer projects that include an internal assessment of workflows and ROI evaluation as part of the technology audit.
- BTR will handle the full Request for Proposal (RFP process) for HR Technology projects. This process includes vetting, analysis, price negotiations, and contract review.
- Understanding of data elements that need to be tracked to comply with healthcare reform.
- Vast knowledge of the strengths and weakness of the HR technology providers.
- Ability to match the client’s needs with provider’s capabilities.
- HR Technology Audit for employers that will review their processes around: Payroll, Benefits Administration, HRIS, On-Boarding, Talent Management, Recruitment, and Performance Management practices to make recommendations for compliance, efficiencies, and workflows.
- “Hands On” knowledge of system implementations and ongoing management of them post implementation.
- Understanding of fees providers should charge clients based on size and complexity.